Friday, July 27, 2012
What's on Tap: Works in Progress
I've given myself a goal. I need to be done with these monster drawings by next week so I can shift to working on an anthology story for my BASA (Bay Area Sequential Artists) group.
I've been working on these type of drawings all year and will still do them in the future but, for the last number of months, the goal was to get enough done for an artist's sketchbook to sell at A.P.E. in October. Also, my well worn sketchbook is showing the signs of damage from constantly carrying it around so I need to retire it soon.
Above is the piece I'm working on and, really, I stayed up all night working away on. 5-6 hours of work, maybe? I never punch a clock with these things but I wanted something done in the larger format provided by a real comic illustration board so I can shrink it down. This was also done using contour lines and no shading. This is for a background design on my Monster sketchbook and I've done some tests in my Photoshop mock up and contour with no shading will look the best for what I'm trying to achieve.
Above: a racy Bride of Frankenstein. This one is done.
Above: what my large drawing table looks like. That little psycho guy is also a finished piece.
Above: My version of a man-made monster busting loose from his lab. This one is still a work in progress. I have about two or three drawings to wrap up the inks with and one to finish rendering in pencil before I cap it off by next week.
Labels:
Monsters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment