Thursday, July 12, 2012
Summer Reruns: The Lost Time Machine Project
Recently, I spent a year developing an animation project for my class based on H.G. Wells' THE TIME MACHINE. I had forgotten that this wasn't my first foray on the book. Back in 1997, in Barron Storey's illustration class at SJSU, he had us reading some novels to be illustrated. I picked Wells' novella and read it in one sitting.
But, during that time, I was also experimenting with collage and wanted to get away from the expected traditional iconography. So what you see above and below are the results of that endeavor. I ended up picking the above one, did a pencil drawing from it (below) and then a final watercolor (not pictured) which I never completely finished. But I got Weena in there, a Morlock, the crucial matches, and a non-traditional Traveller looking into the future with a symbolic large eye piece. Was the sunflower in the novel? I don't remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment