Monday, May 14, 2012

The Count


I had a great time at the Bay Area Digital and Traditional Sequential Artists Meet-Up over the weekend. (Yes, our initials are BAD TSA) We tend to rotate between meeting at a cafe in trendy suburban Walnut Creek and one in hip Berkeley just down from the UC campus. Both are fine places but I think I like the Berkeley meet ups more because there is more space to do one's art.

And do art we did! It was fun to look around and see about 12 people all sketching away. Unless it is in a school environment, most artists tend to work alone in their studios so it is nice to get out and socialize with other artists. But it is easy to get swept up in the social part and not get any work done so I try to have a plan of what I want to work on. This time, it was to finish up several half-inked drawings in my sketchbook. Preferable ones I can use for my Monster Sketchbook in the Fall. So that is where the above image comes from. At first, I thought I might call this one "The Dungeon Master" but he seems more like a Romanian Count. And then shading was added by me later on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment