Tuesday, September 13, 2011
The Rocky Horror Picture Drawing Show
Movie night is coming soon with the animation class but what the instructor does is we view a classic movie in the lecture hall and freeze an image from the movie every few minutes and draw. That way we get in the movie and some sketching. This semester's film is THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW which should be a real treat to draw. So the instructor is asking for students to help create the poster. This is my entry. Above is the gray-toned version and below is the pre-Photoshop line art version.
And below is what the poster would look like. The instructor was only really asking for roughs at this point but I wanted to take the thing to final and ink it. By background is graphic arts so how could I not do the type for the poster as well? This is a mock with the date to be added later. I used the same information as last semester's poster, which turns out to be a lot of information, but I'm use to cramming things in after 20 years doing car advertising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



great work... you really put in a lot of time and it shows...!
ReplyDeleteI gotta say, I am in awe of your caricatures. And on the poster mockup, the little Mr. King figure is just... the best. Some things, they can't be unseen. XD
ReplyDeleteThanks Sierra and Arthur. I almost went with the full body shot with the fish nets but it just would have been too small. I did have fun and put some time into this. Probably more into this than my turns, unfortunately! :(
ReplyDelete