Sunday, September 9, 2012
Playing with a Full Deck
This arrived last Monday. I ordered in on Friday. Three days later it arrives. But with shipping being 1/3 of the price, damn right it better be expedient shipping!
So what is this? Well, there are all kinds of crazy and cool options out there for your artwork and customizing things like shot glasses to tote bags. But I wanted to do some playing cards but with a monster theme using my monster artwork. Essentially, I draw each image once but use it multiple times (sketchbooks, playing cards, etc.). It is the only way I can price my original artists cards affordable to sell and yet make money back on the time I put into them.
The playing cards will have to be a real specialty item though. I only ordered 10 decks, I'll keep one, sell the other nine, but at $15 a pop. Who pays $15 for a deck of cards? Well, hopefully someone that really is into monsters, I hope. With no cheaper options on shipping available through the company, I have to price them high to make any sort of profit. It is such a cool idea but now I know why I don't see it more often at cons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment