Monday, September 10, 2012
Now Things are Getting Serious!
This arrived on Friday.
It is the banner I ordered for the APE convention. I knew I would be a little uncomfortable seeing it though. Not only because, by blowing up one of my images that was the size of a baseball card to poster size, it would reveal all the flaws but also, despite what some people might think, I don't like the spotlight and calling attention to myself.
But that is something I have to get over in today's market. I noticed that with other creators in that it is less about the artwork and people talking about the story and more about self PR, tweeting, and networking. So yes, having a big old banner behind me announcing myself and my art is something I'll have to get use to.
But despite that, I think it looks pretty good. Up close, the Frankenstein image does reveal its flaws but, from just a couple feet back, it holds well. It did get a little washed out though. The artwork behind that holds up better as the original was 11x17 in size and scanned at 600 dpi. And the black on red is a color choice I don't always see at cons. Between that and one large central image, I'm hoping it stands out and makes an impact.
Speaking of stands, I guess it didn't come with one and I'll have to order that as well. More costs but this is an investment in multiple conventions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think the poster looks great!! A recommendation: do not point out the flaws/negative in your work since most people wont probably notice it. Think of the theater people on a play, often times only actors know what went wrong but to the public the show was perfect!! Focus on the positive, which is a lot in you case!.
ReplyDelete