Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Custom Brushes


Well, this is a weird feeling. I'm so use to posting my artwork on here be it rough pencils to finished works and, even with previous classes, it was always a decent drawing effort on my part. But not this and the other Illustrator post the other day, which doesn't feel right. Like I'm posting my beginner experiments to recognize I did it in class. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I guess this blog will be a mix of that for a few months with my creative stuff and then class assignments, which really doesn't make sense since it always was that way before. Tonight, it was learning how to make custom brushes, even using your own artwork. Actually, nifty stuff that I could not do with illustrator back in the 90s. Will I have to be learning all this stuff ten years from now again? I learned even back in the 90s that is was a constant game of keeping up with these programs so I'm thinking my drawing skills might be a better thing to push that will not become obsolete in 2015 when "drawing 2.0" comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, nice start using the tools. Remember your not changing your drawing style just the tools you draw with... I'm glag your bringing your wacom tablet. I'm looking forward to seeing how you adapt.
    again,
    Nice work

    ReplyDelete