Mid-Terms this week and I've been scrambling to get my turns done, my backgrounds finished, and my character sheets completed. But last week, we got some news that is causing me to move all of that to the backseat. A few of us are getting the opportunity to visit the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank for a portfolio review and some workshops. While the timing could be better with our first ACME night broadcast also this week, I think we all knew what an incredible opportunity this is.
So the four or five of us going have been scrambling to get our portfolios ready and perhaps even a demo reel. With us still being in the infancy when it comes to animations completed, would we have enough to make a demo reel? Well, I did manage to scrape up enough from the past year and a half to get almost 2 minutes. Ideally, you wouldn't show something with ball bounces and brick drops, the most basic of animation assignments, but this is where we are at when it comes to showing our work.
So above is my reel. I've been told that putting it to music is tacky so I do have one without to show but I could not help putting it to some tunes, which I have seen with some demo reels.
No comments:
Post a Comment