I was struggling during the winter break on my decision to take my Animation class again. I don't have a burning desire to be an animator but, if a job came up to be one, I rather work a creative job than a non-creative one. I was also getting a little burned out on the whole Time Machine thing and thought if might be time to move on from it. I was feeling the same about the class as well rather than repeatedly taking it. And, more importantly, I do have some non-creative life stuff that I've been putting off that I need to get to.
I was concerned about how productive I would be with my art during the break. Before the class, I was fairly dormant in my art creation. Part of that was purposely putting it all aside for a few years as I dealt with the life stuff but, after a few years, I realized I needed to reclaim my life a little to be happy. Still, I probably had what one would call "Artist's Block".
Part of the plan with going back to school was to update my skills for the time when I do have to get back to work full time. Another aspect was the social one where I needed to get out of the house. Artists tend to be introverts and that is my natural tendency but that needs to be balanced out with getting out there in the world to function properly. And while I was still very productive during the winter break, I found I still needed that social component. So, at the very last moment, hours before class, I changed my decision from not taking the class again to signing up.

No comments:
Post a Comment