Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Class Portraits


During our ACME Animation video conferencing Tuesday night, we got a lot done. When other schools drop the ball (and I don't mean a ball bounce) and don't have work to show or don't join in the video hook up, that's our cue for our college to just run with it and show a lot of work from our class. But in between all the leaf drops and storyboards tonight, our instructor had us doing drawings of our classmates. Some lucky soul would get picked (glad it wasn't me!) and sit for 10 minutes while we draw them. I took the caricature route. Ideally, we should have had the ten minutes to sketch in blue pencil, clean up in the red pencil, then ink with a marker. Only one drawing did I have time to do all that and only a second got the red pencil clean up. But scanners pick up a lot, even blue pencil, so here are all the drawings...

Above is Jessery. Her face is probably rounder though. She's an attractive lady that also has that street smarts look to her.


Above is Nick. Nick's got a smaller top of the head while his lower jaw is wider. His eyes are very distinct too along with his close-cropped hair.


Heather, above, is a cartoon come to life. She's got a voice that is perfect for voice animation but she's got an adorable child-like quality to her as well. I thought I should have had her as a Disney princess but here I have her in a realm with butterflies, castles, and blue skies. She's known for playing with her hair, which I don't have here, but her eyes are distinct as well. In this cartoon, they are very "Susan Sarandon". They aren't quite that distinct in real life but getting there.


Above, Meinard, was a good sport. He was our first victim....I mean...model and probably sat longer than the 10 minutes (hence the thought balloon). He has very distinct features although here I probably made him look a little too much like the leader of Iran.


Above is Paula. This was my worst drawing and the toughest one. Paula has a really pretty face but between my drawing and her hat she likes to wear, she looks older and homeless. lol That is a post-Halloween lollipop in her mouth too.


Above: Joey. Round face. Short lower hairline. And a large bill on a baseball cap.

Thanks to all for posing.

1 comment:

  1. Great work... everyone looks good. Maybe Paula's image would have had a different outcome if the shoulders had been made narrow like the rest of the images.

    ReplyDelete